Tuesday, February 27

Life and Death - a comic

Life Sample
Life and Death

In my last post I was complaining about having problems figuring out how to show a spirit. Here is my solution. I'm not sure its the best solution but its the only one I could come up with.

The story goes that a dying woman in labor as she passes from this world, meets the spirit of her daughter as she is born. They have a loving meeting and then the woman dies and her daughter is born. This was drawn on a Wacom tablet in Adobe Photoshop. The way I work is that I draw my pencils into the computer then print it off in blue-line on a large scale printer on 11x17 Bristol, ink the pages by hand then scan them back in for final edits and shrinking the pages down for publication. It may be a weird way to work but it works for me.
Anyway. The blue color of the daughter spirit is pretty much a reminder to myself that I want to ink her in blue ink to separate her figure from that of her mother. When i print it the page will all be the same blue-line color.

The only major problem I am having with this page is that on the second panel the spirit of the daughter accidentally came out looking sort of like an image of the Buddha. This wasn't my intention.


No comments:

Post a Comment